There are lots of Python packages available on the internet. The aim of this post is to give you an overview of scientifically oriented Python packages, sorted per topic. The list will be updated regularly. If you have any recommendations, feel free to give your addition in the comments!
- NumPy – Powerful computational framework.
- pandas – Data structures and data analysis.
- matplotlib – Plotting and visualization tools.
- SymPy – For working with symbolic mathematics.
- Numba – High performance mathematical toolkit.
- emcee – Monte Chain Monte Carlo sampling.
- Scikit image – Image processing toolkit.
- IPython – An interactive shell.
- Anaconda – A bundle of the most used Python libraries.
- SciPy – A bundle of the most used scientific Python libraries.