There are lots of Python packages available on the internet. The aim of this post is to give you an overview of scientifically oriented Python packages, sorted per topic. The list will be updated regularly. If you have any recommendations, feel free to give your addition in the comments!
Help building the Data Blogger CommunityHelp to grow our community to spread AI and Data Science education around the globe.
Every penny counts.
- NumPy – Powerful computational framework.
- pandas – Data structures and data analysis.
- A great basic tutorial can be found here.
- matplotlib – Plotting and visualization tools.
- A basic tutorial on Matplotlib is found here.
- SymPy – For working with symbolic mathematics.
- Numba – High performance mathematical toolkit.
- emcee – Monte Chain Monte Carlo sampling.
- Scikit learn – Machine Learning toolkit.
- A tutorial on Scikit learn is found here.
- BayesPy – For building Bayesian Networks.
- Scikit image – Image processing toolkit.
- IPython – An interactive shell.